Potassium sorbate for food E202 – 300 kg
Potassium sorbate is an organic chemical compound that is a potassium salt of sorbic acid. It is used as a food preservative, it effectively inhibits the development of microbes and the activity of enzymes, thus extending the shelf life of food products. The molecular formula of potassium sorbate is C6H7KO2.
Application of potassium sorbate:
• In the food industry, potassium sorbate is used to preserve food products such as cheese, wine, smoked meat, beverages and bakery products.
• In wines, it is used to prevent “wild fermentation” after bottling.
• Sorbate is also used in soy sauces, wine gums, creams, pastas, pies, fruit juices, canned food, brines for smoked meat.
• In the cosmetic industry – used in organic cosmetics, e.g. in creams.
• In the tobacco industry – used for the manufacture of e-cigarettes.
H315 Causes skin irritation.
H319 Causes serious eye irritation.
P264 Wash hands thoroughly after handling.
P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection.
P302+P352 IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water.
P305+P351+P338 IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing.
P312 Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell.
The approximate price